The Public Service Internship (PSI) program connects students with Bay Area social justice issues through internships that focus on policy, community organizing, or direct service. Students intern for 8-10 hours a week for the academic year and enroll in a field studies course for units. Student interns also meet as a cohort throughout the year to build leadership and professional skills and explore social change strategies.
For the 2023-2024 academic year, we are honored to collaborate with the the following community partners:
- Berkeley City Council Member, Ben Bartlett
- Berkeley City Council Member, Rigel Robinson
- Community Education Partnerships (CEP)
- East Bay Sanctuary Covenant
- Hamilton Families
- Oakland Literacy Coalition
- Oakland Unified School District McKinney-Vento Program
- Root & Rebound
- City of San Pablo
- Somos Familia
PSI interns and supervisors, fall 2019
|Student Intern Application||
Closed for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please check again in Spring 2024 for 2024-2024 school year cohort.
For more information, please contact:
Aileen Pagdanganan, Program Manager